Avira AntiVir UNIX Workstation is a superior antivirus solution, especially created to offer a virus-free Linux environment, for home and network users worldwide.
- Automatic updates of the virus signatures database and of the antivirus engine;
- Extensive Malware Recognition: aside from viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, worms, etc., it detects Adware &
Spyware, double extension files and unusual runtime compression tools;
- On-access/on-close virus protection, employing the Dazuko kernel module on Linux platforms;
- Command line scanner (on-demand): configurable antivirus scanning for all known malware types;
- Extended protection against known or yet undiscovered viruses, due to advanced heuristics;
- Detailed reports, warnings and notifications (available for both admins and users);
- Enhanced protection against unknown boot-sector viruses, issuing alerts for boot sectors suspicious formats;
- Optional user-friendly graphic interface
- Professional services: the Avira license entitles you to virus definitions updates and product upgrades, access to
documentation, as well as standard technical support, offered by a team of skilled professionals.
It offers permanent antivirus protection by smoothly monitoring your system's active processes and blocking malware
(all sorts of viruses, Trojans, backdoors, worms etc.) from damaging your most valuable data. You can make your
own decisions and set the type of action to take on the infected files: isolate, disinfect, remove.
By design, the product does not scan inside archives
The Installation Kit comes fully featured but update service (FUSE) is disabled. To enable updates you may automatically request an evaluation key for a 30-days period from here:
To further benefit of update service (FUSE) you may acquire the appropriate commercial license (http://www.avira.com/en/products/online_shop.html)
Avira AntiVir UNIX Workstation is a free trial software application from the Other subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2007-03-06. The program can be installed on Linux.
Avira AntiVir UNIX Workstation (version 2.1.10-15) has a file size of 40.91 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 110 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.